Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Spring Break in San Diego

Because Bryan and I live in opposite busy seasons we took advantage of my Spring Break in April and took off for San Diego.  It was a great relaxing few days.  I definitely didn't get captured all that we did, but you have to trust me that we did some amazing things!

One really cool thing we did was went over to Coronado island and rented this awesome 2-person surrey bike!  It was fun.  I want to buy one!  One side drives and controls but both people pedal.  It was a beautiful day and was very fun to just go off and explore the island in a unique way.

 Sunday was Easter and so before we went to church we stopped by the beautiful San Diego Temple.  It was a perfect beginning to our Easter Sunday.
 We then went to La Jolla Cove.  It was crazy touristy busy but still beautiful!
 Oh...and Bryan pet the squirrel!
 Ok....so there's no way that I can go to San Diego and NOT go to Sea World!!!!!  Bryan said it was like taking a little kid to Disneyland!  So here's just a hint of the wonderfulness that is Sea World.

I found my new car....is it for sale?
 There was an opportunity in Shamu Stadium to text in your name in a "race" so Bryan texted my name a thousand times!  I was at the top!!
 SHAMU!!!!  Ok, so not so smart to take me to see these phenomenal animals when I'm pregnant.  Normally I get choked up seeing this, but this time there were streams of tears!! STREAMS. Bryan's joke is that we weren't totally in the "Soak Zone" but the people in front of us were getting wet from behind!  I got some pretty incredible pictures of these amazing animals.  The sad part is that the trainers are no longer allowed to swim with the orca's which makes some of the show a little less cool.  But it was still amazing!

 After I had composed myself after the first show we went up and asked an employee to take a picture of us and right as she snapped it the orca popped out of the water.  It's cause he loved me!
 We did see more than just the Orca's.  Here's the shark tank and the turtles.

 And the fun Sea lion show.  Super funny!
 Since I can't go on any of the rides...we went to the shamu show again.  Still amazing!

 Then went to the night shows.  They were super fun and I decided since I had taken pictures all day of the orca's (and got some sweet shots) that I would get some video during the night show.  Here are a couple of the favorites!


We also toured the Gas Lamp district and had some fun Spanish (from Spain) food.  We enjoyed visiting Old Town in San Diego and Balboa Park.  We were only there for a few days but we made the most of our time and had an amazing and relaxing time!  We spent time at the pool and in the sun.  We left just as it started to rain!

On our way home we stopped by Vegas and toured some of the casino's (my first time really in Vegas).  We went to the wax museum and then went to Phantom of the Opera.  Oh my goodness.....if you can get down to Vegas try and see the show.  It's only 90 minutes long and no intermission.  It follows the movie pretty much and the spectacle was astounding.  I couldn't believe how incredible it was.  The theatre was made just for this show and I hear it was about 40 million.  The chandelier was incredible.  Seriously, if you can go see it!

We woke up ridiculously early (3:30am) to head back to Utah for Bryan to get back to work, but it was worth the extra dop by for Phantom!

2 comments:

Haley said...

What a fun trip! I'm so glad you got to see your orcas! Oh and you got to see Phantom. So cool!

michelle said...

Those photos of you and the orcas made me so happy that I didn't even cry when I continued on to read that you were in Vegas :) I love that you cried during the show - you're so cute! Glad you got to see Phantom before it leaves. Such a great trip!