Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Anything Goes!!

This year I put on one of my all time favorite musicals, Anything Goes.  It is the first musical I was ever in (6th grade...I played an angel).  I've always wanted to do it, but I wasn't sure I'd be able to pull it off, but it went AMAZINGLY WELL.  I was so thrilled with the product!  PLUS, I had an amazing set designer....Bryan!  Yup, I employed the husband to help me design and build the set.  It was so nice not having EVERYTHING on my plate. It took some time for me to let go of some the control and let him help me, but I'm so glad I did because it would have NEVER turned out as well as it did.    

I put up this picture to show the set.  Nathan helped come to do some of the painting (even Kye and Sydney helped!!).  This is Kenna posing (she was my Reno).  It was a blast to have such an amazing set and the students were super jazzed about how cool it was to have two levels with opening doors and special pull out state rooms.
 This is a close-up of the nicely painted port-holes (thanks to my artistic brother Nathan).  I had the sailors come out on stage to "clean up" before the show started.  It was a fun effect.
Now I'm just going to go through some of my favorite pictures.  I only am posting a few.  I think I have over 500!

"You're the Top"
 Enter the semi-villian:  Moonface Martin!
 "Delovely"
 Oh yes...backstage we stored and brought on and off this bunk bed!  Yup, thanks to my cute husband again and his great connections!
 "Heaven Hop"
 "Friendship" (one of my favorite moments in the show)
This is also one of my favorite moments when Reno comes in on Evelyn in his underwear!  It also shows my pull out estate rooms!

 "Anything Goes"

 "Let's Misbehave"-- I love this one even though it could be seen as a little dirty.  With a little clean choreography it turned out to be super fun!

"Blow, Gabriel"-- Definitely my favorite part of the show.  Powerhouse singing.  Amazing choreography.  I don't have a whole lot of great pictures of this part, but this is one of my favorite moments too!
 In the prison with the "strip poker" with the chinese converts.
 "Manhattan"
Last scene: Angels in their bridesmaid constumes...and Eric (the sailor) with his great weakness to look in the audience and I captured him looking straight in to the camera!  Classic!
 Solving the dilemma.
 Finale!
It was so much fun!!  If you've never seen the show...find it.  There are two versions and I like the one I did way more than the other version. The other version was just on Broadway with Sutton Foster and won great awards, but I still like my version better!

No comments: