Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My world

Okay, I have been hounded enough by cousins to get a blog since I get to take advantage of learning about their life through blogs and they don't have any way to see mine. This is for my family members to keep up on my life and a great way to share pictures!

So.... this is my world:

These are of my classroom where I spend the majority of my life (except for June-August). It's huge! They are currently working on choreography for the upcoming musical!
I have a catwalk, full lighting system, dressing rooms (linked by a spiral staircase) and a computer editing lab all in my classroom. It's a pretty intense room, but I love it!

Taking the phrase from Suzie, I have "rock star parking" at my school now. They've always told me that when you start teaching there are certain people you need to become friends with namely the janitors and security (I'll add finance office and copy center). Well, the head of security and I became friends at the end of the year last year and he noticed that my parking spot (they are all assigned) was very far from my classroom and considering all the stuff I carry into the school (paint, set pieces, etc.) and how late I stay when shows are close he thought it silly for me to be so far away. He said he'd try and see if he could work his magic over the summer and get me a closer spot. Well, I show up to the school about a week before school started and noticed my name on the spot right next to the administrators! Rock star parking!! Now it's just a few steps into the building and then a few steps over to my classroom! Awesome!

2 comments:

Suzie said...

That's because you are, frankly, the closest thing that school has ever seen to a rock star. So obviously, you get the parking spot to match.

CL said...

What a rock star!! I love the blog and am glad I can now know about your life!!