Sunday, October 26, 2008
Make a Wish and Scarecrow Fest
It's been a fun couple of weeks with unique events. Our school does a "Make A Wish" event every year to sponsor a child with a terminal illness. It's very cool. One of the events is a carnival and my club (Drama Guild) does a dress up thing. We get polaroid cameras and bring up costumes from our archive and put set pieces on my stage and take pictures of people dressed up. It's fun and easy!
Dave and Sarah have brought their family to it the past two years and the kids are really enjoying it. They both were really excited about arm wrestling the big boys!

Who wouldn't want to get your picture taken with Disney princesses? These cut outs are actually from our Sadie Hawkins dance (theme was Hollywood) from a few nights before. Our club also sponsors that dance so that's another evening I get to spend in the company of teenagers.
I told my cousin Cheryl Lynn about it and she came and brought her family! Thanks Cheryl Lynn!
Scarecrow Fest!! Dave and Sarah called me to let me know about this activity at Thanksgiving Point and so I joined them and we had a blast! It's also sponsored by the school that Nathan worked for while he was still in school.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
We had lots of fun- I'm glad you told us!!
Linz,
You live a charmed life... don't ever let anyone tell you different. You are surrounded by people who love you and you love them. What more could you ask for? Glad you are loving life.
Part of getting a blog because you have cousins who have been nagging you is letting your cousins know that you have a blog! :) Or maybe you didn't know that I was one of the nagging cousins-I tried to send my nags via your mom. But YAY! You have a blog! I am so glad!!!
Post a Comment