Monday, November 15, 2010

The Goings on....

So many things have happened lately and I've been way too busy to chronicle them. So here's what's happened:

Every year I'm in charge of the Sadie Hawkin's Dance. Due to the fact that all they ever do is get matching shirts to come to the dance, we always choose a theme that will lend itself well to t-shirts. This year we chose "Arcade". Check out the decorations!
Yoshi's nest!
Pacman path to the entry door.
And the kids arrive. Most of the t-shirts were Pac-Man themed.
These are all of my actual students (students in the show or in my class). They were Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The photographer had a green screen and they made a really cool arcade backdrop for the actual photos.
Next: Over Fall break this year I decided to take advantage of the fact that no one was on my stage. We've had all sorts of construction in the school the beginning of this year and so it was really the first time I had actually been able to get on the stage at all because the choir and band were having class on the stage while their classroom was being finished. So I decided to paint the stage. I'd never painted it before and it was looking pretty beat up after the 5 years I've been teaching and who knows how long before that. It was hard work.
Here's the before:
And the after:
After I painted the stage I headed out to Vegas for a couple days! My first time too! There's a bunch of people who live in my area who wanted to go and we have a friend who lives just a little ways away from the strip so we went!
Black light mini-golf

Very cool art piece on the ceiling at the Ballagio.
Coolest part ever (video below). The fountains at the Bellagio were incredible. We stuck around there forever. We saw 8 different shows!


It's been a busy few weeks after that. My show opened this past week so now I'm on catch up mode. I'll get pictures of the show up as soon as we get them!

2 comments:

Haley said...

Looks like fun! I hope the show is going well! I'm SO sad that I can't go. I hope that everything is going well. I miss you!

CL said...

So fun! You are the coolest teacher ever!!