I'm very proud of my building skills that I have aquired through teaching theatre, but one project that I'm especially proud of (mind you, not really my idea completely) the candlestick phones we had to use in the play. I was so worried about the fact that we needed 10 of these phones and so I bought one for an example and model and then we headed to Ace Hardware and created what you see below!

It's not perfect, but considering we made it out of plumbing supplies, I was pretty impressed. The bottom is a plunger, the crook of the phone is neck of PVC pipe, head is a sink drain/plug thing, the receiver is a dowel with a door stopper on it. It looked awesome from the stage and I'm very glad to have them in my prop storage now. Who new?
5 comments:
that is awesome..you are creative..can't even tell the difference. :) i have always wanted a phone like that!!!
marci
Great work Linz. You must have Sellers blood coursing through your veins.
They looked wonderful. I couldn't tell which was the real one from the audience. Fun to create!
Mom
I love it! Does the one you bought work? That would be a fabulous house phone. Either that or you could take it to the mall or someplace crowded and pretend to be "on your cell" only it's an old-fashioned phone. I'm sure you would get some looks. That would be fun.
Oh yes the real one works! I used it for awhile at school and the kids did double takes when I'd answer it. It's now at my apartment. I like the cell phone idea!
Post a Comment