Tuesday, March 25, 2014

November/December update

I don't know if any of you out there are like me, but because I haven't posted in so long (almost 6 months) you start to feel like you can never catch up.  It's always a goal to post constantly to keep this blog as a great record of what's going on in the house of McKinnon.  I just need to remember to do it....or take the time to do it.  So I'm going to attempt to give a small glimpse in to our lives.  

Riley's quite a snuggle-bug!  I love how snuggly he is!  
Did I mention he likes to snuggle his toys too?

Snuggle Daddy.
 In November Bryan came home announcing to me that he quit his job!  It was out of the blue although he had mentioned wanting to for a long time before that so I wasn't completely surprised.  So after he got home and said he quit, he said, "let's go to Vegas".  So we planned it and left the next morning (and brought along his little sister to help us out with Riley and enjoy her company!).  Bryan calls the day he quit his "Independence Day".

We enjoyed the warm weather, the fun parts of the casinos and just being away from every day life.  I love that I'm a stay-at-home mom so that we were able to get up and go without much hesitation!

Taking family pictures inside the Venitian.
 We stayed at the Luxor (pyramid).  We stayed on the 34th floor and it was cool looking down from our floor.  Plus the elevators are "ascenders" because they go sideways. Crazy fun.  The whole place is pretty cool and we enjoyed our nights there! To give perspective, at the bottom right corner, behind the buildings is a little food court!

Riley has a fun little buddy, Charlotte, who is my old roommate's little girl.  They are only 3 weeks apart in age.  It's been fun watching them grow together.  They hug and Riley can make her laugh playing Peek-a-boo.  They'll be in nursery together in a couple weeks!!  Woo hooo!!!

Thanksgiving came and we flew to Denver for a week (another perk with Bryan quitting his job was that he took the holidays off to enjoy some needed break time.  We spent an entire week in Denver!).  Riley does really well on the plane!  We even were lucky enough to have a seat in the middle of us so he didn't have to sit on one of our laps the whole time.  It was also the first time Bryan had flown with the little guy!
 Thanksgiving was so fun. Nathan's family was there and Callen and Riley played so well together.  This little Sesame Street Playhouse was a huge hit.  They didn't fight over toys at all.  They are 4 months apart (even though you probably can't tell by the difference in amounts of hair).  It was so fun watching Riley interact with other kids.  That's the only down part of being an only child...for now.
 Riley's a great little eater.  He's very in to feeding himself.  And who can resist a messy baby?  Clearly he's right handed!  I also love the mommy nose scrunch!  He got something from me!!
 December came around and we went to Moab for another week to spend for Christmas.  We had a lot of fun with the entire family.  We went bowling on Christmas Eve!  It was fun just playing and doing fun things.

I don't think he had a good frame!

We realized we didn't have a whole lot of pictures of just the two of us.  So we captured this moment!

Playing at Grandma McKinnon's means playing with the silver mixing bowls!  Who needs to buy toys?
 Christmas morning was so much fun!  Riley got this little blow ball thing and LOVED it!!!  It was fun seeing him play with toys and being excited about stuff even if he didn't understand why.

Fun new Lion chair from Grandma and Grandpa!
The funnest part about Christmas is the big announcement we made.....we're PREGNANT again!!  We shared it with our families that day.  It made waiting for Christmas even that much more exciting!  We're due on July 16th!  And it's a BOY!  Riley's going to have a fun little buddy!  Hopefully they won't gang up on me too much!

No comments: