Thursday, September 26, 2013

July and August Update

July started out with a bang.  I absolutely LOVE the 4th of July parade in Provo.  Other than the year Nathan and Suzie were in Samoa (which I was actually with them during) I've always been to the parade with them!
Riley's first 4th of July parade with Suzie and Sydney!
 We also enjoyed a quick weekend trip to Moab.  It was surprisingly pleasant outside.  We didn't have to sit in front of the AC.  I've told Bryan that he has to give me tours of Moab whenever we're there since he grew up in such an amazing place.  This time we went up Right Fork.  It was awesome.  We hiked up the river (and saw huge bull-frog tadpoles) and then got up to a little waterfall that you could jump off of into a small pool.  It was a blast.  Give me water and I'll be happy.

Bryan's dad LOVES birds.  He has tons of chickens (and getting more it seems like every day) and pigeons, doves, and guineas (I might be missing some).  He used to have turkeys.  I miss them.  Riley loves them

Riley trying to touch all the chickens.

Grandma and Grandpa M got a toy airplane.  It's like a teeter totter.  It's very cool.  You gotta zoom in to see Riley's cute expression.
 10 month pictures.  He was in such a cute mood for these!

LOVE this.  His eyebrows are so expressive...just like his daddy.

First experience in the rain.  Priceless.

Working on daddy's computer!

Daddy and buddy in Sunday School (hehe).
Riley's getting more and more interested in what we eat.  He'll pretty much eat everything we put in his mouth except peas and those little infant puffs (go figure).
I WANT THE PIZZA!!

Wading in the water with Grandma
 In August I got to fly home again to see a show that I've been dying to see (Peter and the Starcatcher.  I highly recommend the book and the show was fabulous).  So we got to fly again and he was once again perfect.  I brought food and toys in an attempt to keep him occupied, but he was most entertained by the in-flight magazine, safety card and barf bag.  Cool.
 Dave's family was there visiting and so Riley got to spend some time with his cousins and Dave and Sarah and he LOVED it.  He's been pretty skiddish with other people and pretty much only wanting mommy.  This was a break-though.  Samantha (below) was so good with him and totally made him laugh!  He loved playing with them and would let anyone hold him.  It was a great break for me.  Since then he's been good with other people again.  It makes it easy to get a baby sitter again!
 My mom came out for Education Week with her dear friend, Peggy and stayed with us.  It was so much fun having them.  Shadow LOVED it too.  She slept on/with them every night. She cried the entire night after they left.  Awesome.  But when I was there in June I brought back all my show t-shirts from the shows I directed at Springville and she made them in to a quilt!  I love it.  She spent so much time on it.  It was a total labor of love!
Riley's definitely getting in to more stuff.  Good and bad.  He can sense when I open the dishwasher.  I can't do dishes when he's not being occupied or asleep.  We have to hide the toilet paper too.

Kobe playing with Riley.  It's so fun watching these cute kids play with my kid.

My sleeping babies.  Shadow gets jealous if Riley's on me and she's not.  So often I have both of them on me.  I love it.  Shadow's exactly the kind of cat I've always wanted (well, I'd like it if she didn't talk as much).

Playing with cousin Callen!

Riley sitting on Peggy's suitcase.  He didn't want them to leave either!

September to come soon!

1 comment:

Haley said...

I'm so jealous that you just get to zip home for the weekends here and there. I hope you know how lucky you are!