Ever since I got pregnant I've been in a crafty mood. I figured I had calmer days ahead of me and Bryan was urging me to have a hobby. So I bought a sewing machine in April last year and got to work. But I didn't just do sewing. I jump on Pinterest to get inspired. Now, I am not a super crafty person. I've done theatre and some of that has crafts, but I'm not too original in what I do. I gotta get inspired by others. With that said, I LOVE Pinterest. I hear people saying that they never do stuff that they pin, but I ALWAYS do them. I only cook the food I've pinned. It's my virtual cookbook. Bryan says he loves it too. Anyway....here are some of my creations.
I love the 4th of July and I like having a patriotic shirt for the holiday. But I was 6 months pregnant and didn't want to buy a new shirt that was expensive. So Bryan and I found these shirts for $8 I think at Walmart. I got a Large and created a maternity shirt from it using my sewing machine. It was probably one of my favorite shirts!
This was actually my first sewing project that my mom helped me with. It's a rag quilt. I sewed all of the pieces together and sewed all the frogs on it too. Front and back.
Valentines Day: I found this idea and had to use it. I altered it and made our fingers into the "I Love You". It was my Valentine to Bry.Big Project: I've always liked the "Chevron" design and wanted to figure out what to do with these pieces of material that I had picked up long ago. I decided to jump on it and I love how it turned out. They are all little triangles! It was fun. Then I "stitched the ditch" (yeah, I'm learning the lingo) through the zig zags. My mom helped with the border. I'm still learning. But I love the way it turned out. I had to get a picture of the back to see the zig zags.
I bought the letters for Riley's name and then covered them in "jungle" inspired paper. Then put them above his crib.
I've got more crafts in the works. I'll post when I'm done. It's fun to have something to do when baby's sleeping. I feel like such a crafty person.





2 comments:
Linz, that is so great! You are very talented, girl! I wish I lived closer so you could teach me a thing or two. Good for you!
cute, cute Linz! I love that quilt. Way to be crafty!
Post a Comment