Sunday, October 2, 2011

Fall Colors!

I know I've skipped some recent big things going on in my life...but it's a daunting task and I wanted to show some recent stuff before it gets pushed out of the way.

Yesterday, Bryan and I took a drive up the canyon to go see the fall colors. There's a loop that goes over the mountains starting at Squaw Peak and going all the way into Hobble Creek Canyon. Bryan has a new off-road GPS that will chart out course and then he downloaded the information and put it on a map! So here's where we went. It's pretty cool! It took about 3 hours (listened to the afternoon session of conference...what a BEAUTIFUL day)!
And here's what we saw!!!



We took more than this...but this sums it up pretty well. If you live out here...I'd recommend going up the canyon SOON!

2 comments:

Haley said...

How beautiful! I don't know if there is anything as stunning as the canyons during the fall. I miss you!

Amber and The Boys said...

I saw that on facebook yesterday and was going to ask where it was because I would love to do it...but I don't know if my boys would go for 3 hours. Sounds heavenly!!!

In the meantime, it's high time I finally started planning an Allen cousin get together. When would work for you? Would a Friday, Sat or Sun be better for you? Would you be willing to ask Nathan and Dave when might work for them? I am thinking we could do Friday the 27th or Sunday the 30th or maybe Sat the 15th or Sunday the 16th. What do you think?