Monday, March 8, 2010

Making the show

"Much Ado" is over and I had so much help in the process. However, my biggest shout out now is to Nathan! Thanks so much for helping me big bro! You saved it in so many ways and it wouldn't have looked the same without you. Thanks for being the support I needed to feel confident about the show (and the set).

For those of you who don't know how talented and helpful he's been, here's some before and after shots. Before:


Almost the final product...only a few pieces missing:


Here are some details on the set. I'm really quite proud of how some of these pieces turned out. And Nathan helping paint.These two are in my tech class and in the show. They built and painted this railing.
This is one of the "frames" we built and hung above the set. The cool thing is that the shutters and shingles are made out of cardboard!
This is one of my students who has done so much. She helped build, paint and was the leading female character. So incredible!

I think one of the funnest things about this set is that we didn't build a thing! We assembled everything out of things we already had. This fountain (above) is the library desk from Music Man and then we found pillars in our stuff and foliage from Secret Garden. No money spent on wood at all!

1 comment:

Nathan said...

Great job Linz... it turned out very well! Everything really worked well together.