Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My Stage

I have this beautiful stage in my classroom that allows me to do performances in class as well as our drama guild show in May. This is a picture of our set from May ("Musical Comedy Murders of 1940").
I got a call from the janitors a week ago saying that they had ripped out my beautiful stage. They ripped it out so that they can put in new carpet. The carpet is great, but now it looks like this! It is weird!!! The classroom even echos now! I'm hoping they get me a new stage up before the school year begins.



The other part is that ALL of the stuff from my classroom is now out in the hallway. EVERYTHING!! It's weird seeing the couches, chairs, desks, script library, blocks, set pieces, etc outside of the classroom. It's very weird, but I'm hoping the new stage they are promising to build me will be even better!



1 comment:

Nathan said...

That's nuts! Hopefully it can also give a fresh start to things. Hope it all works out for you.