Tuesday, December 8, 2009
What a weekend!
So, on Saturday afternoon my roommates cat, Lucy, got out of the house and started chasing after a strange cat from the neighborhood. I ran after her because I thought she might get into trouble fighting another cat. I finally was able to scare the other cat off and then went to get our cat and take her home. Note: don't EVER try to pick up a cat when its still in attack mode! I got attacked! I have 4 puncture wounds on my right hand and a big tooth scratch across my left. I thought that they'd be ok and I even had Nathan clean out the wounds, but Sunday morning I woke up and it was infected! My hand was really swollen and red! So I headed over to the InstaCare center to see a doctor. He said that cat bites are the worst because their teeth are so sharp that they can easily go in and then out and leave all their bacteria and saliva in the skin! So they had to give me a tetanus shot as well as another even bigger one and then he prescribed an antibiotic! So my hand is sort of out of commission for now! It's still pretty red today and the swelling is still significant around the knuckle. Of course, the worst of it is my right pointer finger which is what I use the most. No problem, right!? Oh well. It will eventually be just fine! Here's a picture of what it looked like yesterday. Mind you, the picture's not that great since I took it with my phone but you can see the swelling a little. It made for a good story though!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I wanted to hear about the car wreck part too!
Oh Linz, your hand looks so fat! That is why one should never have animals.
Ouch, that looks awful! Hope you have a very merry christmas and tell your family hi from us!!
Post a Comment