Anyway, this year we chose the theme: Candyland! It was really fun. Here's how it looked:
Monday, October 26, 2009
Sadie Hawkins Dance
This past weekend I was in charge of putting together the Sadie Hawkin's Dance at the high school. My drama guild sponsor's it and then we get all the money from tickets. It's not great timing because I'm putting together my musical at the same time (it opens in 3 weeks). In fact, while we decorated, I had a rehearsal going on at the same time!
Anyway, this year we chose the theme: Candyland! It was really fun. Here's how it looked:
We came up with all sorts of ways to make things look like candy. Here are balloons wrapped in clear wrapping paper.
When all the students showed up for the dance it was fun seeing the shirts that they made. At one point this HUGE group of students showed up in M&M shirts. I got up and took a picture of them because it was so cool!
Their shirts say "Taste the Rainbow".
These ones are really cool. You should click on it to make it bigger. They made these and in the corner of the girls shirt they put a "tear here" mark. So clever!
Here's me and my Drama Guild President at the table taking money!
Here are pictures of the kids setting up!
In the front hallway leading up to the dance we made boxes look like boxes of candy, made the Candyland road and then we laid candy out along the way for kids to pick up and eat (don't worry, they were in wrappers).
Anyway, it was really fun! It was a long Saturday, but at least the kids are fun!
Anyway, this year we chose the theme: Candyland! It was really fun. Here's how it looked:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Looks like fun Lindsey! Where were you when I was in high school?
i love the theme!! so fun.
Wow. That rocks.
That looks like so much fun! Although, I hate to break it to you ... but you and the drama guild pres. look like you're about the same age. :)
Ok, so I didn't know you had a blog! And now I do, so I can blog-stalk you, too! Looks like this party was a blast! Very creative ideas for decorating, and the shirts are awesome!
Post a Comment